Thursday, June 27, 2013

Test of friendship

Test of friendship

Once upon a time there lived a hare that was very friendly with all the animals of the forest.  The hare had a generous nature and would always lend a helping hand and so he was popular and well beloved.

One day as hare was resting in a hollow tree, a pack of hounds picked up his scent and began running towards his hiding place.  The hare heard the hounds baying and fled from the scene.  The hare ran and ran till he could run no more.  So he sat by the roadside to rest.

Suddenly he saw his friend, the horse, coming towards him and hope filled his heart.

“My friend,” said the hare, “the hounds are after me and I am so tired.  Please carry me away from here on your back.”

But the horse became afraid when he heard of the hounds and said,” I am in a hurry.  But, look, there is your friend, the bull ask him to help you.”

So saying the horse trotted away and the hare ran towards the bull.  “Please help me, dear bull,” said the hare.  Take me on your back and help me get away from the hounds.

“I cannot, friend hare,” said the bull.  “I am off to join my herd. But there is your friend, the goat.  Ask him to help you.”

Saying thus the bull fled from the scene and the hare ran up to the goat.
“Help! Help! Brother goat,” pleaded the hare, help me get away the hounds.
But the goat was just as reluctant to help and giving some excuses he too went away.

Next the hare went to his friend, the sheep, who was lolling nearby and asked him to help.

“My friend, I am sorry,” said the sheep.  “But right now I am feeling very weak and would only be a hindrance and not a help to you.  But I am sure you will be able to save yourself from those hounds,” said the sheep and he too ran away.

The hare now heard the pack of hounds closing in and he knew that the end was near.  “What sort of friends are they?” he said to himself.  In times they scatter like autumn leaves in a breeze.

To get good friends is very difficult.  You should think thoroughly the person whether he is good or bad twice or thrice before making friendship.  Without thinking if you make friendship it may harm you.  You should see everything of the person such as his behavior, character, etc. 

A friend should be in such a way that he or she should help in any situation.  If he or she takes help from us and disappointing you, it is waste. He or she is not called as a good friendship.  We can also say that a friend in need is a friend in deed. 

You should be aware of good friends and bad friends before making friendship.  Once you get a good decision of the person, you begin friendship with that person.  Do not become fool while making friendship.  A good friendship will last forever.  Remember this and make friendship with anyone. 
     
The moral of this story is “Beware of false friends and friendships.”

No comments:

Post a Comment